How do I Prepare for My Session?
Every woman asks this question; you’re not alone. It can be nerve-racking to do something new that feels vulnerable. Plenty of emotions will lead up to your session, and that’s ok! I’m here to help! I’m sharing some guidelines and suggestions to ease and organize your mind and prepare you for this incredible experience!
Putting off shopping for your outfits may only add stress and uncertainty to your experience, which is totally avoidable if you start shopping early! I always suggest shopping from places that have a great return policy so you can try on and return if you don’t love what you buy. You will get access to our exclusive CRAVE Fashion Guide. You can get a sneak peek by checking out some of our fashion tips and tricks.
Tip 4: Talk it Out
It’s normal to hear voices of doubt in your head. They tend to tell you things like, “You’re not ready for this,” or “You’re not good/thin/curvy/cool/confident/pretty/etc. enough,” or “You won’t look like the other women they photograph,” etc.
Make a Music Playlist
On the day of your session, while we will be focusing on 4+ outfits, please bring double that amount of outfits so I can curate the best variety for your session! Things to keep in mind as you’re packing your clothing:
Show Up and Have Fun
The Final Prep
Prepping for your session in the final days/weeks
1. Waxing, shaving, tweezing, and dermaplaning should be done 3-5 days prior to your session. Don’t forget to moisturize and give your skin time to calm down.
2. Avoid tanning lotions and sprays as they tend to leave an orange tint as it’s difficult to correct in the final edit. Most of the time, I am lighting you with a warming filter.
3. Remove all price and sizing tags from the lingerie items that you plan to keep and not return, including any permanent ones. This will save time on the day of your session.
4. Get your hair cut/colored as you desire but try to keep true to yourself! Avoid trying out a brand-new hairstyle or drastic color change right before your session as this would be difficult to fix if you didn’t love it.
5. Your fingers and toes will be very visible in your photos. Make sure your nails are clean and/or freshly manicured.
6. Drink plenty of water leading up to your session to keep your skin hydrated. Likewise, don’t eat a heavy meal the morning of your session to avoid feeling bloated.
If you have specific questions or concerns not covered, please reach out to me directly!